Changes from Version 1.30
- When in the Center mode of the Spectrum scope screen, the REF level setting does not reflect the scope waveform during transmission.
- This firmware update version 1.31 has been improved, so it will not reset settings and memories.
If the firmware is updated from version 1.30 or earlier, the settings and memories are not reset.
However, if the firmware is reverted to 1.31 from a later version (after 1.31), the settings and memories may be reset.
- Improved the transceiver to not display a thick white line indicating the center when in the Center mode of the Spectrum scope screen.
- The CS-9700 programming software used with this firmware can be downloaded here.
- To update the firmware
- 1. Download and unzip the firmware data (for example, 9700E131.dat) and copy it into the “IC-9700” folder that is on your SD card.
- 2. Insert the SD card with the firmware data into the transceiver.
- 3. If you are updating the firmware from version 1.11 or earlier, the transceiver will not display a dialog to recommend saving the settings and memories described in step 4-4, so we recommend backing them up on the SD card in case the settings and memories are reset.
- - If you are updating the firmware from version 1.13 or later, proceed to step 4.
- 3-1. Display the SD CARD screen in the Menu.
- 3-2. Touch “Save Setting” on the SD CARD screen to open the SAVE SETTING screen.
- 3-3. Touch <<New File>> to display the FILE NAME screen.
- 3-4. Touch [ENT], and then the dialog “Save file?” is displayed, touch [YES].
- 4. Update the firmware.
- 4-1. Display the SD CARD screen in the Menu.
- 4-2. Touch “Firmware Update” on the SD CARD screen to open the FIRMWARE UPDATE screen.
- 4-3. Touch [▼] to scroll to the end of the screen to read all the precautions, after you read and agree with all the precautions, touch [YES].
- 4-4. If you are updating the firmware from version 1.13 or later, the confirmation dialog recommends making a backup of the settings and memories, touch [YES].
- We recommend that you make a backup of them in this step, because all the settings and memories may be reset after updating the firmware.
- - If you are updating the firmware from version 1.11 or earlier, skip this step, and then the transceiver displays the firmware selection screen.
- 4-5. After the backup file is made, and the firmware selection screen is displayed, touch the firmware update data (for example, 9700E131).
- 4-6. Please carefully read all the precautions, and when you want to execute it, touch [Yes] for 1 second to start the firmware update.
- 4-7. When the update is completed, "Firmware updating has completed.” is displayed, and the transceiver will automatically restart.
- If the setting data needs to be converted, it may take some time to restart.
- 5. If the settings and memories have been reset, load the settings and memories that have been backed up onto the SD card.
- 5-1. Display the SD CARD screen in the Menu.
- 5-2. Touch “Load Setting” on the SD CARD screen to open the LOAD SETTING screen.
- 5-3. Touch the file name of the saved file.
- 5-4. Touch “ALL,” and then the dialog “Keep ‘SKIP’ settings in the Repeater List?” is displayed, touch [YES].
- 5-5. The dialog "Load file? The new “REF Adjust” setting will be saved.” is displayed, touch [Yes].
- 5-6. After the loading ends, “COMPLETED! Restart the IC-9700.” is displayed, restart the transceiver.
- After updating the firmware, the Version Information in the OTHERS Set will be as follows.
- Main CPU: 1.31
- Sub CPU: 1.00
- Front CPU: 1.00
- FPGA Program: 1.07
- FPGA Data: 1.00
- DV DSP: 1.06