Icom America Announces Firmware Upgrade for IC-7700 HF/50MHz Transceiver
Icom America announces a new firmware upgrade to its popular IC-7700 HF/6M transceiver. This update provides an enhanced user interface, refined operational controls, improved audio and voice functionality and more. The firmware upgrade will be free to download online in March 2014.
Icom’s latest IC-7700 upgrade reflects sharpened performance and provides a greater user experience. New and improved features include:
- Spectrum Waterfall Display: Review RF and AF characteristics on the IC-7700’s vivid 7-inch wide color TFT LCD.
- PC Mouse Operation: Connect a mouse via USB to select operating frequency and control the spectrum scope.
- Audio Scope Function: Review the FFT scope with waterfall and oscilloscope. In CW mode, observe mic compressor level and other attributes.
- Direct Remote Control Operation: Connect directly to an IP network using Icom’s optional RS-BA1 software and the IC-7700’s internal base station function. (A user operation PC is still required; a base station PC is not.)
- Digital Voice Recorder: Automatically capture incoming/outgoing calls onto an external memory card or flash drive.
Other updates include an APF function to increase volume up to 6dB (adjustable by 1dB step), transmit delay function to control a connected external linear amplifier, USB flash drive compatibility, and added RIT and Delta TX commands for CI-V remote control.
he IC-7700 upgrade model is being released in March 2014. At that time, current IC-7700 radio owners may download the firmware upgrade for free from Icom’s website. Visit the IC-7700 product page on Icom America’s website for updates.