Icom America Careers
Troubleshoot and service communications equipment to the component level. Programs, modifies, and installs options on ICOM products. Includes interfacing with retail customers and dealers to answer technical questions. Committed to exceeding customer’s expectations in handling technical orders and servicing ICOM radios.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program, modify and/or align functioning ICOM products. Provide quality assurance checks to ensure that modified equipment performs per customer requirements.
- Perform repair service on malfunctioning ICOM products. Includes verifying existence of problem, identify specific problem components and performing necessary repairs.
- Responsible for achieving shop and individual performance goals as set by supervisor.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of hours utilized and parts consumed via current work order system. Interface with Service Administration staff to ensure compliance with current shop reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2 years formal or electronics training (i.e. AA degree in electronics) and or minimum of 3 to 4 years practical experience repairing 2-way communication equipment to the component level including experience in RF electronics troubleshooting.
- Ability to work independently, performing complex duties within the electronic technician skill area. This includes ability to troubleshoot and repair basic circuits, basic understanding of microprocessor units and familiarity with their operation.
- Working knowledge of the operation and function of electronic test and repair equipment (i.e. meters, scopes, signal generators and spectrum analyzers, frequency counters IFR Service Monitors). Excellent soldering skills and familiarity with desoldering equipment and surface mount component removal and replacement skills required. Micro-miniature soldering skills highly desired.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Ability to work with service mount technology required. FCC and or NABER certificate also highly desirable. Willingness to obtain Amateur Radio (Ham) license within 90 days of employment.
- Ability- willingness to work overtime and weekends may include occasional trade show participation.